Active immunisation to reduce the severity of clinical signs, mortality and excretion period of virus after infection caused by paramyxovirus type 1.
Onset of immunity: 14 days after the last injection. Duration of immunity: 1 year.
One dose of the vaccine 0.3 ml contains:
Active substance: Pigeon paramyxovirus 1 strain 988M-ca, inactivated: inducing ≥ 5.8 log2 Haemagglutination Inhibition units in chickens
Adjuvant: Non-mineral oil emulsion Excipient: Thiomersal
- Basic immunisation: First vaccination of young pigeons in the 5th week of life.
- Second vaccination in the 9th week. Onset of immunity: after 14 days.
Duration of immunity: 12 months.
Repeat immunisation at least every 12 months, yet not later than 5 weeks before mating or 3 weeks before onset of the flying and exhibition season.
[Second basic immunisation and repeat vaccination can be performed simultaneously with vaccination against pox (follicle method only).]
- Warm vaccine to + 22° C before application.
- Only use clean and sterile syringes and needles (0,7x25mm).
- Shake thoroughly before use. It is recommended to repeat the shaking from time to time during application.
- Dosage for all ages: 0.3 ml per pigeon.
- Injection of the vaccine under the skin in the neck region (subcutaneous injection).
- Once broached use within 4 hours or discard
- Do not vaccinate unhealthy birds.
- Store refrigerated (2 – 8°C). Do not freeze.
- Protect from light.
- Do not use after the stated expiry date.
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children.